OFFICES CLOSED FOR IN PERSON SERVICE DUE TO COVID-19
The Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino (HACSB) continues to monitor and follow the guidance provided by the State of California, the County of San Bernardino’s Public Health Department, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to address the impact of the potential spread of the coronavirus “COVID-19”.
All of our agency lobbies and property management offices will continue to be closed for in person service to the public until further notice; however, staff is available via phone, email, and the various online portals. All non-urgent, non-emergency work orders and housing quality standards inspections are also postponed until further notice.
Our top priority is the safety of our residents, staff, and communities we serve. As a local public agency, HACSB performs “essential governmental functions”, as such our agency staff will continue to be available via phone, email, and the online portals.
Because we anticipate a higher than normal call volume, we respectfully ask for your patience as we work on answering and returning all calls. We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
Para leer este aviso en español, haga clic aqui.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR APPLICANTS AND PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS: please click here (updated February 11, 2021).
COVID-19 Waivers Public Notice, please click here (updated January 26, 2021)
Click here to access the County of San Bernardino’s COVID-19 Response website.
Click here for a list of resources available to families and individuals.
HACSB does not endorse or sponsor any of these activities. We are sharing information that comes our way and may be helpful to you and/or your family.
COVID-19 Update for Landlords
(October 29, 2020)
The Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino has implemented the following temporary measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and address the financial impact to the Housing Authority until further notice:
- All of our agency lobbies are closed to the public for in-person service;
- Rent increases that were suspended are being processed. If approved, the effective date will be January 1, 2021.
- In-person housing inspections are suspended. For new unit (initial) inspections and complaint inspections, self-certification along with photographs will be accepted in lieu of a physical inspection; more detail will be provided at the time of inspection.
- If a certification was used for the new unit inspection, an in-person inspection will be scheduled as soon as it is safe to do so; and
- Routine inspections for current tenants have been postponed until further notice.
The following services will continue until further notice:
- Request for Tenancy Approvals (RFTAs) for new tenancies are being accepted;
- Initial and follow-up inspections for new tenancies will continue to be conducted if the unit is vacant and a lock box is provided. Otherwise, the landlord may submit a certification of satisfactory conditions with photos; and
- Housing Assistance Payments to landlords or their agents will continue.
Housing Authority staff will continue to be available via phone and email. Because we anticipate a higher than normal call volume, we respectfully ask for your patience as we work on answering and returning all calls. The above information is subject to change without notice. Please check our website and the landlord portal regularly for updated information.
For questions, you may contact a Housing Services Specialist directly or the front desk at one of our following offices: