Current Landlord Information

Current Landlord Information


HACSB values its landlord partners and welcomes new landlords to join our effort to provide safe and quality affordable housing. HACSB administers the federally funded Housing Choice Voucher program and other special housing programs and grants. The Housing Choice Voucher and special programs provide rental assistance to low-income families renting units in the private market. Landlord participation is a critical component of these programs.

$1,000 Landlord Signing Bonus for new lease-ups effective on or after June 1, 2021. For more details on eligibility and limitations, click here.

The Housing Authority provides a free rental listing service to landlords.  Simply complete a Vacancy Listing Request and submit it by email to

Payment Standards and Rental Submarkets

For the regular voucher programs (also referred to as Moving to Work programs), and VASH leases executed January 2021 or later, follow the steps below to determine the submarket of your unit and payment standard.

For special programs such as HOPWA and Mainstream 5, the Special Purpose Voucher Programs payment standards are used. The Continuum of Care (CoC) program utilizes Region B payment standards regardless of the location of the unit. VASH leases executed prior to January 2021 also use the Special Purpose Voucher Programs payment standards. Click here to access the Special Purpose Voucher Programs payment standards.

For more information about Payment Standards, please review our Facts About Payment Standards fact sheet.

Step 1: Find Census Tract CodeStep 2: Determine Submarket Step 3: Determine Payment Standard
Find the tract code number by entering the unit address (make sure you select the appropriate year), click here.Use the tract number to determine the submarket by referring to the Payment Standard Census Tract Resource, click here.Refer to the updated payment standard schedule, click here.

Fraud Alerts

Through the years, we have learned of several fraud scams against program participants and landlords. Be vigilant and protect your assets. Please note, landlord participation in the program is free! This includes all briefing materials, paperwork, and workshops. Any personal account information is obtained through official forms. Never give your personal information over the phone.

Requesting a Rent Increase

​Things to consider before submitting a rent increase request:

  • Rent increase amount cannot exceed the current payment standard for the unit size and submarket
  • A market rent comparable study will determine the final rent amount

To start the rental increase review, first serve the tenant with a 60-day notice of the change.  Then, no later than 10 business days from the issue date, provide HACSB with a copy of the notice via mail, fax or email for review.

Finally, if the rent increase is approved, the Housing Authority will provide a notice of change to tenant and housing authority rent portions.

Changes in Ownership

If you would like to report a change in ownership, the documents listed below must be submitted to one of our Housing Program Offices, click here for locations.

  • Statement of Property Ownership (form can be found under Resources and Forms)
  • W9 Form (form can be found under Resources and Forms)
  • Voided Check
  • Copy of the Grant Deed or Closing Escrow Statement
  • Management Agreement (if applicable)
  • Documentation verifying ownership and/or authority of the entities for a Trust or LLC or Incorporation

Landlord Portal

The Landlord Portal features include:

  • Review and update your address and contact information
  • Access payment transactions on your ledger
  • View your unit information
  • Review unit inspection results
  • View your caseworker’s information

Access the landlord portal today! To access your account or register for the first time, use the registration code provided to you by the Housing Authority.

Other Helpful Links

Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board

Contact IFHMB, for information about landlord-tenant rights. HACSB does not provide legal advice.

U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development