For 30 years, The Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino (HACSB) has been proud to assist eligible program participants in achieving their education goals through its annual scholarship program.
Current participants/residents in the Housing Choice Voucher Program, Affordable Housing Program, or other HACSB affordable housing communities are eligible to apply.
Four-year college/university students who are in their undergraduate or graduate (Master’s level) program are eligible to apply for a scholarship in the amount of $1,500.
Community college or vocational/technical school students are eligible to apply for a scholarship in the amount of $750.
To be eligible for a Housing Authority College Scholarship, an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current participant or household member in the Housing Choice Voucher Program, Affordable Housing Program, or other HACSB affordable housing community owned by HACSB.
- Demonstrate financial need in order to continue with education in a four-year college/university, community college, or technical/vocational school.
- Be accepted or currently attending four-year college/university, community college, or technical/vocational school.
- Must have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Must submit the complete scholarship application and all required supporting documents prior to the due date.
Applications can be downloaded using the button at the bottom of this page. Should you need a paper copy of the application, please contact our office at (909) 890-5386 or email email@example.com.
The recipient will be chosen by a committee comprised of HACSB employees. The committee will consider that the eligibility criteria has been met along with applicant’s essay, letters of recommendation, financial need, extracurricular activities, and other information provided in the application.
Applications must be submitted to the Housing Authority using one of the methods listed below, and received by 4:00 p.m. on May 20, 2022.
Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino, Attn. FES
715 E. Brier Drive
San Bernardino, California 92408
To any HACSB office:
Applications may also be dropped off at an HACSB office drop box. For a list of locations, please visit our website: https://hacsb.com/offices/
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 890-5386.