Homeownership Assistance Program
Aspiring to be a homeowner? The Housing Authority’s Homeownership Assistance Program helps families become homeowners. Moving from a rental unit to a home of their own is a dream come true for many of our families, and we are proud to have assisted in that process.
- Program participant of an eligible* HACSB affordable housing and rental assistance program for at least one year.
- In good standing HACSB’s program requirements.
- No previous homeownership history within the past three years.
- Employed full time for at least two years. Disabled or elderly 62 years or older are exempt from this requirement.
- A credit score of 640 or higher, with no outstanding collection accounts, judgments or liens, and at least two years since the discharge of a bankruptcy.
- Able to provide a minimum down payment of 3% (1% from your own funds, 2% can come from gifts or grants)
- Other requirements apply, so please call for more information.
* Not all HACSB affordable programs are eligible for homeownership assistance, contact staff for full eligibility details.
Similar to housing assistance in other affordable housing programs, the Homeownership Assistance Program provides mortgage assistance for up to 15 years for working families and up to 30 years for disabled families if the homeowners meet income requirements.