Family Self-Sufficiency Program
Take a step towards your financial goals and join the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program!
Housing Authority program participants who are eligible to enroll will work with the Housing Authority staff to develop a five-year training and services plan that outlines the steps to become employed, increase their earnings, and become independent of government assistance. As the family’s earnings increase, the family’s rent goes up; however, in the FSS program the amount of the increase goes into an escrow account, which the family receives upon graduating from the FSS Program or for other eligible self-sufficiency expenses throughout their term of participation.
- Head of Household in one of HACSB’s rental assistance programs (excluding Special Programs, Term-Limited Lease Assistance Program, Homeownership, and Waitlist)
- Seek and maintain employment
- In good standing with HACSB’s program requirements
- Ready and willing to make positive changes in your life towards gaining self-sufficiency
- Cash payout for completing the program contract
- Economic Independence
- Access to supportive services
- Goal attainment like homeownership