Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) Program
The HACSB Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program is nearing capacity and will be closing the waiting list for this program on November 7, 2022.
- Inland SoCal United Way 211+ will not accept EHV referrals received after 5:00 p.m. on November 7, 2022.
- Referrals from Victim Service Providers must be received by HACSB by 5:00 p.m. on November 7, 2022.
- Please be sure your referrals are complete and contain all required documents. Substantially incomplete referrals will be denied.
We are continuing to process and issue vouchers to applicants whose referrals were received on or before 5:00 p.m. on September 26, 2022. Referrals received after that date are on a waiting list and will be assisted as vouchers become available.
The Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program is a new affordable housing program serving low-income families across the country. EHV helps families locate rental housing and provides financial assistance to make their rent affordable. HACSB began accepting referrals for the EHV Program from the San Bernardino County Coordinated Entry System and Victim Services Providers on October 4, 2021, and is authorized to serve up to 455 families.
Families must be low-income and meet at least one of the following categories:
- At risk of being homeless
- Fleeing or attempting to flee:
- Domestic violence;
- Dating violence;
- Sexual assault;
- Stalking; and/or
- Human trafficking
- Recently homeless, and rental assistance will prevent a return to homelessness or high risk of housing instability.
HACSB cannot accept applications for the EHV program directly from individuals and/or families. Instead, individuals and families are referred to HACSB through the San Bernardino County Coordinated Entry System (CES) or a victim service provider (VSP) with whom HACSB has a referral partnership.
Due to the number of referrals received, all referrals to the EHV program received after 5:00 PM on September 26, 2022, are being placed on a wait list.
Please click one of the links below for more information about the EHV program. You can also download HACSB’s EHV fact sheet.
Referrals received as of September 12, 2022:
|Coordinated Entry System||Victim Services Providers||Total Referrals Received|
For more information about Emergency Housing Vouchers, please click one of the buttons below. You may also email EHV@hacsb.com.