Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHV)
The HACSB Emergency Housing Voucher (EHV) program is nearing capacity and will be closing the waiting list for this program on November 7, 2022.
- Inland SoCal United Way 211+ will not accept EHV referrals received after 5:00 p.m. on November 7, 2022.
- Referrals from Victim Service Providers must be received by HACSB by 5:00 p.m. on November 7, 2022.
- Please be sure your referrals are complete and contain all required documents. Substantially incomplete referrals will be denied.
We are continuing to process and issue vouchers to applicants whose referrals were received on or before 5:00 p.m. on September 26, 2022. Referrals received after that date are on a waiting list and will be assisted as vouchers become available.
Why Participate in the EHV Program
By leasing your unit to an EHV customer you are helping a vulnerable family to attain safe, stable housing. Additionally, landlords can benefit from:
- $1,000 signing bonus for each new resident who leases through the EHV program;
- Security deposit assistance for EHV customers;
- On-time, convenient rental payments from the Housing Authority;
- Free biennial unit inspections;
- Access to online landlord portal with information about payments, inspection results, and more;
- Owner maintains control of all aspects of management, maintenance, and lease enforcement.
How the EHV Program Works
There are several steps to receiving EHV assistance:
- The family must be referred to HACSB through the County of San Bernardino’s Coordinated Entry System or other partner agency. The referring agency will confirm that the family meets one of the four eligibility categories described above.
- HACSB determines eligibility for EHV assistance.
- The family selects a unit to lease from a private landlord. Assistance will be available to help families locate a home.
- The unit must pass a housing quality inspection, and the rent must be reasonable. If the unit passes inspection and the rent is reasonable, the family may lease the unit.
- The family will pay a portion of the rent to the landlord (typically 30% of their income) and HACSB pays the remaining rent to the landlord.
- Click here for the EHV Payment Standards
How to Participate
HACSB is partnering with Brilliant Corners to assist EHV participants with locating suitable housing. If you want to lease your unit to an EHV customer, you can list your unit with Brilliant Corners for free! Contact Raymond Padron at Brilliant Corners at (213) 925-4090.
More Information for Landlords
Due to the number of referrals received, all referrals to the EHV program received after 5:00 PM on September 26, 2022, are being placed on a wait list.
For more information about Emergency Housing Vouchers, please click one of the buttons below. You may also email EHV@hacsb.com.